Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Learning to Paint!

So, to make some more "serious" and observational pieces for my portfolio I'm trying to learn to do digital painting!
I'm not really interested in a soft or overly-realistic style, so I decided to go after a kind of retro bookcover thing like this or this... I really like that kind of messy and hard style!

I've never really done anything like this so keep in mind I'm still learning! This is all without reference, I'll leave that for the real paintings...



I kind of like this, but I think it looks better without the face. Is that weird?



I like the face on this one! Also check out my totally artsy initials, it's an M and a Q. CRAZY, RIGHT

That's it for now, I'm gonna keep on learning! I'm really busy lately because I'm trying to finish a 24 page comic in 15 days for a contest... Promise you'll all vote for me if I finish!

Labels: